Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Year reacap.

This year has been a wild ride. I started off the year as a rec leaguer with Spindletop Rollergirls in Beaumont. If it wasn't for Messica, Dougie, Fairlane and Ruby Ridikule and their never ending patience with me I would still be clutching the wall. Some time in January or February, I became the announcer for the now defunct Clutch City Roller Girls. I'm still very saddened by the loss of the team and it's still hard to set foot in that rink. (It's even harder to skate on that rink because it's not very well maintained.) I have since announced for Flat Out Roller Derby and most recently for Northside Fury Roller Derby. I've really improved! I'm no Val Capone or Dumptruck but I'm not half bad. I hope to become NFRD's announcer this season. I freakin' love announcing!

I became a writer for Examiner.com (I have some great articles there so please check them out!). My best interview ever is posted there!
Then I lost my best friend (see earlier post) supposedly because of Roller Derby. In the meantime my beautiful and wonderful niece arrived! I don't get to see her often but I adore that child.

I have two derby wives right now - Kinker Spaz and Robi Wan Kenobi. I love them both dearly and they are some of the few that get me and my weird sense of humor. Every roller girls and announcer should have a derby wife.

My job has been a bit of a roller coaster after a coworker quit I absorbed his territory and I have been working crazy hours since leaving little time for my blog or skating. I chunked up and I need to get back on my quads! I miss them! I have about 4 interviews that I need to get going I'm excited about them all! I was in college this past semester I took tech writing which consumed what little free time I did have. We went on vacation and I spent most of it doing homework for that class. I'm now convinced that college sucks out your soul.

That is my short version of my crazy life in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment