Friday, January 21, 2011

Adventures of a Derby Nerd

Those of you who hang out with me currently know I want to be an announcer BADLY. Last January I tried out for HRD and FAILED and it was EPIC. Despite that the HRD Bosse$ allowed me to be their intro girl and I slowly improved from bout to bout. I had to learn to turn off Shelly and turn Sunnie on; they are two very different people. I had a second opportunity to announce a HRD game last fall (just a Scrimmage) I did much better. I am no Val Capone but hopefully I will develop well as an announcer.

With that said I'm now an announcer for a start-up which means I have 3 leagues I consider Home leagues. My league is now Clutch City. I am also still on Wreck with Spindletop but I will probably not be making a weekly appearance. Since I'm a sub par skater at best, it won't be a loss for them in the skilled skater department. (I'm a microscopic step above wall hugger).  I still get to be the intro girl for the Bosse$ so this is shaping up to be a very busy Derby season for me. I also have college and job so it will be crazy and I will LOVE IT! Get ready SE Houston I will be all over the derby goodness this season!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Announcing is such an important part of the fan experience. I'm sure you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete