Friday, October 22, 2010

More Derby LOVE

Dear Houston Roller Derby and Spindletop Rollergirls,

I LOVE YOU! No really. You are my heroes it is my wish to be half as awesome as you. Thanks for being a friend to me even though you don't have to be. You've been more than gracious to me and you continue to be. This year my derby dreams have started coming true. You all make it possible, and you are AMAZING!

HRD ladies-I may be sporting a Bos$ T-shirt on most game days but let me assure you I'm a fan of your team too. I would have been thrilled no matter who made it to and won the championship becuase you all work super hard. This year was the best season yet. It's the first time the teams have been that evenly matched and it made every bout a nail biter. You should all be equally proud becuase you are all amazing.

Spindletop- Wow! I've watched you ladies get better and better with each bout you play! Thanks for welcoming me with open arms. I may just be a rec leaguer but you treat me like I'm one of you. I'm proud to be a Spindletop Roller Girl even if I'm just at wannabe status right now.

I know it's not easy being a roller girl, as a rec leaguer I've learned just how much dedication you have to have just to be on a team. I don't' know how you ladies do it. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do it. I still have a LONG way to go .

I could go on and on about all the individuals that have made this year and my experience as a fan so wonderful but you know who you are and I LOVE YOU. No really I do. I'm proud to call you my derby family!

Sunnie

No comments:

Post a Comment